.

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

My Goals For My Future Classroom - 1534 Words

My primary goals for my future classroom are to create a climate that is welcoming and accepting for my students. I want my students to learn acceptance in turn and welcome diversity and become culturally aware and culturally sensitive students. This course has enabled me to think practically and pragmatically about how I can create and model that culturally sensitive environment for my students. After spending this month reflecting on what cultural diversity and multiculturalism are and mean I have definitely come away with a greater understanding of the terms. To me cultural diversity means that there are multiple cultures that are present in a given community or environment. Multiculturalism means to me more so that that community coexists and thrives based off the presence of different cultural beliefs and systems. A definition of Multiculturalism that was presented in one our readings was: Multiculturalism is a system of beliefs and behaviors that recognizes and respects the presence of all diverse groups in an organization or society, acknowledges and values their socio-cultural differences, and encourages and enables their continued contribution within an inclusive cultural context which empowers all within the organization or society. (What Makes a School Multicultural? 2015) The key terms in this definition to pull out, for me, is the respect and that we value the differences. Without acceptance and inclusion in a multicultural setting, there is in fact, noShow MoreRelated The Personification of an Educator Essay1471 Words   |  6 Pagesthe teacher in the classroom. How a teacher functions within a classroom determines how students learn, what students learn, and how they apply that which they have learned. Therefore, because I am seeking a profession in the field of education, I think I must consider the nature of students, the nature of knowledge, the value of an education, the techniques that I will be using in my classroom, the curriculum, and my future goals as an educator because by doing so I improve my abilities and performanceRead MoreA Teacher s View On The Purpose Of Schooling989 Words   |  4 Pageskeep the focus on what your goals are as an educator and the way you plan to integrate those goals into your teaching. A statement of philoso phy begins with the educator s view on the purpose of schooling. In what ways are teachers going to challenge students to have high achievement standards? Along with goals for students, what are their responsibilities going to entail? These two questions play into the most significant focus of a teacher s philosophy: what is my role going to be as a teacherRead More Teaching Philosophy Statement Essay984 Words   |  4 Pagesevery teacher stand behind. The certain philosophy that one chooses provides the answers to many vital questions, such as the purpose of schooling, a teacher’s role, and what should be taught in the classroom. In schools today, I think that the majority of students do learn and accomplish their goals. I firmly believe that many students work hard to make good grades. The nature of these students is to their best in their classes. I also think that there are those few students who attend schoolRead More Nothing Compares to Teaching Essay823 Words   |  4 Pageswanted to do with my life. I would ask myself â€Å"If I could do anything I wanted to do for eight hours a day and get paid for it, what would I do?† After thinking about that question a couple of times the answer seemed perfectly clear. Spending my career devoted to children would be the most rewarding thing I could do with my life. There are many other jobs that revolve around children, but none that could compare to teaching. The most important goal in my classroom will be to ensureRead MoreEducation Is A Unique Experience For Every Child Who Enters A Classroom1086 Words   |  5 Pageshow small.† I believe education is a unique experience for every child who enters a classroom. Each child is unique and deserves a safe and secure classroom with a teacher full of passion for each child’s education. After classroom experience and observing many inspiring educators, I have created a personal philosophy that includes goals for my students, a method for enacting the goals, and assessing students’ goals to ensure proper development of each student. I have a desire to support each studentRead MoreReflection on Personal Goal for School Essay586 Words   |  3 Pagessemester, I have set three goals that I will be working towards to make improvements on. The first goal I set is to start an assignment the day that it is assigned so that I do not procrastinate. The second goal I h ave set for this semester is to be more organized with my materials. The last goal for this semester is to relieve my stress in a positive way. By working on these goals during the next couple of weeks, it will make my life a little less stressful. The first goal I need to work on is doingRead MoreClassroom Philosophies for Preparing for the Real World693 Words   |  3 PagesThe primary goal of an educator is to prepare students for the â€Å"real world†. By implementing key concepts of Glasser’s Choice Theory and Fay Funk’s Love and Logic theory, I believe this goal can become a reality in the classroom. When used together, these classroom management philosophies have the potential to benefit students in a variety of ways and engage them In learning. When utilized correctly, these strategies hold the promise of allowing teachers, like myself, to develop positiveRead MoreThe Eight Stages Of Psychosocial Development814 Words   |  4 Pagesunderstanding of how to effectively interact with my future students. This theory refines my ability to identify and gage my student’s unique psychological developmental progress. A deeper understanding of this enables me the ability to identify key develo pmental milestones and improve my lesson plans accordingly. I selected this theory because it provides me with the insight required to establish a bond of trust with each student in my classroom. Additionally, I selected this theory because it providesRead More Goals and Philosophy Essay1339 Words   |  6 PagesGoals and Philosophy A persons philosophy on education covers many different aspects. Such things that ones personal philosophy can contain are the purpose of education, methods one may use in education, and even the curriculum which may be taught. I feel that these three things are the most important for my personal philosophy and goals of education. The overall purpose of education is not only to teach students about the set curriculum, but also to teach themRead MoreMy First Goal Is A Delicate And Vulnerable Process923 Words   |  4 PagesI believe that every child brings unique talents, ideas, and perspectives to the classroom. As an educator, it is my job to help foster these distinctive attributes while also facilitating the emotional, social, physical, and intellectual growth of each and every student. Learning is a delicate and vulnerable process. To learn, one must make mistakes, reflect, and recognize both strengths and weaknesses. I firmly agree with Abraham Maslow’s humanism theory, which states that students will not be

No comments:

Post a Comment